Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Art Journal Page #2

Art Journal: Page 2
by Wonderingmindfield


So I gave this journal thing another try and still need more practice.  I started with some strips of scrap paper glue down with my trusty Mod Podge® glue, then since I did not quite learned from page 1 I added this lace I thought was a good idea for texture, NOT!!   I also spread down some modeling paste, then I added some different acrylic paints.  To give it an old feel to it I used Tim Holtz® Distressed Ink: Antique linen.  I rubbed the page all over to spritz the page with some water to activate the distressed ink for the old look.  I had this nice form body stamp and some flower swirl stamp which I stamped on the page.  I glued this random vellum piece of page I had which had the following quote written on it:
“It is difficult to Imagine anything more nourishing for the soul than family life.” by Sir Thomas More.
To be honest I did not put a lot of thought to this page.  I had a very crappy day at work and was very tired.  I just pretty much took some of my frustration on the page. After I place “the woman in me” phrase on the journal I realized that I felt better emotionally.  The page wasn’t that good but I had been able to for at least an hour forget all my frustrations and let the chaos that is my mind take a breath and calm itself.
That is what I search for every time I do a project; calmness.  I am not an expert or an artist for that matter, but I am a person who needs art to be able to have a better emotional core;  Take care and have a great week
.
Be safe and always look for your creative joy,

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment