Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Last Week "My Pages" Recap

Last Week "My Pages" Recap

_________________________________________________________________________________

Art Journal Page 1:

Another interest of mine is Art Journaling and I'm really impressed with some of the ladies (and guys) out there who do this every day.  They're talent reservoir is astronomical and my respect goes out to them.

So here is my first journal:
Art Journal - Page 1
by Consuelo Morales
Now before you think it, yes it is not that good.  I’ll tell you one thing I should have started slowly and not glue everything down until I was sure I liked the layout and texture. I started with the idea that I needed to add texture first and then pait.  So I started gluing things like burlap ribbon, lace and random scrap of papers, but the thing about texture is that I need to know when to say enough.  Mistake #1, not thinking that burlap ribbon was too thick.  The darn thing was bulky and stick out of the page like crazy.  And with the amount of decoupage glue I had to use it is the stiffest page in this journal.

I did try to fix it, because everyone says there is a never a mistake in art just happy accidents (really??? have you met me?)  Anyhow I kept layering paper and then when it could not get any worst I decided to stop and add paint.  Well the first tube I got was a watercolor that did nothing to cover the edge or at least softened the edges from the burlap (mistake #2).  So then I brought out my gouache paint "burnt sienna” and the page just kept getting worst, if that was possible.  After staring at it for some more time I get out this thing called modeling paste (mistake #3).  Annnnd! The mess just got bigger.

I thought "It can get worst so let’s just slap a picture for the sake of distraction and called it Art.  So here it is my first Art Journal Page 1.  So if someone is actually reads this blog, let me know how bad it is!  Thanks!

From a soul looking for inspiration to another, have a Great Day!!!
wonderingmindfield

________________________________________________________________________________

Tangle of the Week:  



CUBINE (Zentangle® Original)

Here is my practice tangle sheet I drew to practice "Cubine."  The link to Mary Thomas illustrated instructions is HERE.




IMPORTANT
The worksheet I use is copyright property of TanglePattern.com.  Please do not copy or distribute this sheet. This is just an illustration of my practice work.  If you want your own copy go to TanglePatterns.com and download a free .pdf copy of it.  There is even a different version where the grid lines are already in the squares. The link to get your own copy is http://tanglepatterns.com/downloads

________________________________________________________________________________

Zentangle Tile #1


Zentangle® Tile #1
Instructor:  Jean Theurkauf
www.artofthetangle.con


This was my first Zentangle® tile from a class I took a couple of months back.  I really enjoyed the lesson because it was really relaxing and quite.  I do not remember all the names of the tangles used but I really liked doing the "cubine" which is the one on the right bottom corner.  I like the dimension and it is not that difficult to do. It starts with a grid which helps quite a bit.

Another favorite is the one on the opposite corner (left), which is called "hollibaugh" and like "cubine" it is a Zentangle® official tangle.  I have seen many variations of this particular tangle by this one is my favorite.  I'm really obsessed with little bubbles.  The other tangle she taught me was the cut little vine of leaves at the top right hand corner.  I honestly don't remember her telling me a name but I really love them and find myself constantly wanting to draw them on my recent tangles.  They are just so easy and really add an element of life or organic like it is refer to in the Zentagle® language.

The little squiggly which I call worms are a great way to fill in any edges or awkward spaces and they give a bit of whimsy to the tile.  They actually remind me of slime (Ha!) and again I want to apologize to the Zentangle® community that see this for not remembering the names of these great tangles.  If any one that know about Zentangle® know the name please send me a comment to correct my forgetfulness.
One thing I like is that it is encouraged to sign you name by creating your own initials.  I have been practicing and I think I have come up with a signature that pleases me.  The one on this tile was a spur of the moment thought I it looks more like a GM that what my real initials are which are CM.

I am by not a Zentangle® Teacher nor am I affiliated with the Zentangle® Company.  I am just a beginner practicing and loving a form of artistic expression.  For any official information or supplies you should visit Zentangle.com. This is just my way of learning this art form and what I have found that works and doesn't work for me.  I do have the dream of becoming a CZT in the future.  I just want to share by ideas and some of the tools and art I find along the way during this artistic journey. 


From a soul looking for inspiration to another, have a Great Day!!!
wonderingmindfield

No comments:

Post a Comment