Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Zenspirations #25 (mini)

Don't you love hearts!  been creating Zenspirations hearts and experimenting with color.

I am a fan of Nika in Wonderland on YouTube and she creates mixed media pieces that are whimsical and colorful.  I personally love her use of female profiles, specially her ability to draw eyes and add rich texture to the piece.

 One of the tools she uses a lot is the Neocolor water soluble crayons, which is a brand of crayon I also purchased and have been using a lot lately. 

For my hearts I used:  Sakura® Micron Pen 05, NeoColor “carmine” and “jaune citron” to add a touch of color.  With a water brush pen I dilute the color until I got a the soft look of water color.  Since I drew the hearts on regular drawing paper I started with small amount of colors.  I dried the color with a heat gun and then added another layer of color.  It would have been easier to just use watercolor paper but when I drew the hearts I was not planning to use color, this was an afterthought.

I do like the effect and will try using some watercolor paper or even mixed media paper to be able to add more color to my Zenspiration®.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to enjoy your creative journey.

WonderingMindField

1 comment: