Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Pocket Letter #3: "Summer Time"


Pocket Letter #3:  "Summer Time"

This pocket letter was the first mixed media pocket letter I made, even if it was not the first I sent.

I love creating pocket letters doing this because it gives them an element of puzzle.

There were however a few mistakes made along the way.  The good thing is that I learned from those mistakes and my other mixed media pocket letter came out better.

The most important thing I learned was to make a template of the 9 pocket on the page before placing or creating the important features of the pocket letter.

On my next PL I lightly traced with a pencil 9 squares (2.5 x 3.5) after creating the background.  This help to greatly with the placement of the words.

Words are a very important aspect of my pages so making sure to know where the cuts are going to be will help me in the future to have a more pleasing and complete pocket letter image.  As you can see my message got a little cut up on this pocket letter.

Some materials I used were:  Zenspirations stencil, summertime seahorse stencil, Dylusions letter stencils (background), and some sea shell stencils for the images in the background.  Other materials are mixed media paper and Reeves deep turquoise acrylic paint.

As you can see mistakes are just learning opportunities!!!

Thanks for coming this way and visiting and remember that in art there are never mistakes but opportunities for beautiful things.

WonderingMindField


No comments:

Post a Comment