Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

How I Organize Zentangle® Patterns I’ve Learned?



Dylusions® Spray
So, I have all these journals from Moleskin to Hand-Book to Piccadilli and so on.  But what I really wanted was to be able to practice the tangles and when I felt confident, draw a very nice final copy and keep it for future reference.  Eliminating the need to keep them all in my crowded head or have to go to my computer to check a web or a YouTube video, and so on.  Using these journals for practice seem a little wasteful to me.  Why you ask, well because I have many OCD’s and one seem to be collecting journals and then loving the paper so much I don’t what to ruin it.  Yes that’s nuts but there lies my confession:  I love journals, and the feel of a good quality paper.  What can I say?  Some women like chocolates and roses, I like paper.  Lots of it.  I think I need to see a paper therapist, HA!

So with compulsive behavior aside I got a SN@P™ Simple Stores Binder Kit (used a coupon at Michael’s) and they have these sheet inserts that have pockets that come in different sizes (on sale!) with some chipboard dividers.  With my OCD along for the ride I took a pad of Strathmore Bristol Vellum Paper Pad (which I got at a buy one get one free sale, mind you) and took a few pages out.   

GelliArts® Print
Very patiently while watching a Perry Mason episode, which by the way I am obsessed with since I was just 9-years-old, I measured the pockets on the sheet inserts of the binder then drew 3in. x 4in squares on the 11in by 14in vellum paper pages.  The 3in by 4in cards fit just right in the pockets leaving enough room to easily take them out of the pockets.  To cut the square I used my very handy X-Acto™ paper trimmer and went to town cutting these squares out.  It really is therapy for me, you know.  All you hear is the courtroom drama and the whoosh of the blade cutting through paper.  Music to my ears!

SN@p Inserts
After all the drawing and cutting I had a nice little stack of these beauties and now I was ready to start practicing my tangle patterns.  After a few days I notice my binder was a little plain and decided it needed some personality.  Out came my Gelli Arts™ printed paper (more on this great product in future posting) and some stamps and one hour later Voila! (See the picture?)  I think is pretty cute, at least for my personality.  Now I have my very own customized Zentangle® Library Binder.  If I keep this Zentagle® thing going I think I’m going to need to do some more cutting.  Oh well I still have Season 3 – Vol. 2 of Perry Mason to watch.
My Zentangle® Binder




Be safe and always look for your creative joy,

WonderingMindField










No comments:

Post a Comment