Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

"Lady Dress" Journal

I have been away too long.  Life can be quite a struggle when you are juggling too many things in the air.  One of them is bound to fall and you are so distracted by everything else that you forget about it.

My crafts and my creative soul have suffered greatly in the last few months and it wasn't until my daughter pointed out that I haven't been in my studio for over a month that it really hit me how much I had been neglecting something I love doing.

Finishing school, getting a new job and still having a second job and trying to take care of family has left me with very little time for anything else.

But over this Christmas (by the way, hope your Holidays were happy ones!) I got quite a few supplies for crafting as gifts and it gave me a spur of energy to get back to blogging and creating in my little corner of the world.  So in the next few weeks I will be posting some old posts I've saved but never posted work and work on some nee things.

I purchased a Cinch by Memory Keepers and my first try at it was this journal.  I actually created this journal a while back and put it in a box and forgot all about it.  I was re-organizing my studio and found it!

For this cover I used:

  • dress form from my Brother Scan n Cut patterns.
  • dress form from Fiskar patterns.
  • Dylusions "around the corner" stamps
  • Washi tape by Tim Holtz
  • Tim Holtz layering stencil (eye exam)
  • dictionary pages
  • Reeves vermillion acrylic paint
  • Dylusions "dirty martini" spray paint.
  • Stampendous! TC01-Marble Texture Cube
  • Drywall tape
  • Neocolor II crayons
What I did:

1. Decoupage the dictionary pages and washi tape to the chipboard and added some drywall tape strips as well as stamped marble texture to the background.  I diluted the vermilion acrylic paint with water and colored the whole thing.  

2.  I cut out heart and used stamps and drywall strips to decorate.  I cut them in half and glued them around the cover. 

3.  The dress from was also decorated with the same stamps and color as the background except I did not dilute the paint.

4.  The dress was a pattern on the Brother Scan n Cut machine and decorated with smaller hearts and Dylusions "vine" (mini).

5.  All the aging and black shadowing was done with Neocolor II crayons.



6.3  The inside of the cover was decorated with the paints and stamps as the cover with the exception of drawing larger heart s and coloring them with black Neocolor II crayon.

7.  I cut out drawing papers to the size of the cover and then used the Cinch machine by We r Memory Keepers to bind the journal together.

Overall It think is not a bad first attempt at using this machine.  i like the wire bound look and hope to get the chance to use this machine more often.

For more information on the Cinch you can visit their website or look at We r Memory Keepers YouTube channel.

Thanks for visiting this corner of my world and have a safe day.  Take care!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment