Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Art Journal Page #3

20130926_230125


I know practice makes perfect, but even I grimace when I finished this page.  This is the tragedy that occurs when you try to do as others and then realize you have no idea how to finish. 

It started with using too much gesso, then I though about using texture (bad idea on this page.  I hade seen another very talented artist use lace and scrap of papers and using the gesso to cover it.  Well, as can see it did not go very well.  I kept at it with paint in the hopes that it would get better.  Not so much!

But this disaster just thought me one very good lesson, more is not always better.  Hope you learn from this catastrophe and learn that layering has to been done gradually and slowly.  Just because it worked for somebody else does not mean it will for you or that the end result will be the same.

I must know think of another page and the good thing is that I think I have a better understanding of how to approach this art journaling business.  I will not despair but I will persevere. 

Be Safe and always look for your creative joy,

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment