Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Zentangle® Tile #3

Here we go another tile to share with you.  I was a little confused about how to go about it but I told myself to just go with it and see where I end up.  After all that is the principle teaching of the Zentangle® method or so I read, to let your mind wonder and clear it of all heavy thoughts.  I stated with a string that resemble a curvy x.
Zentangle Tile 3045
The tangles I used are:
  • COIL – by Sue Jacobs
  • CADENT – by Zentangle® Original – Suzanne McNeil
  • Lattice
  • FLOWER – Background
  • SEAWEED
  • FLYING GEESE – Suzanne McNeil
  • JUMP – Suzanne McNeil
The “lattice” pattern I copied from the pattern on the fence in my house and after I drew I thought it looked a little plain.  I have seen on the internet a drawing where the artist had drawn two patterns and make them look like one was actually behind the other and I really liked it so I gave it a try.  I really like the illusion and plan to practice some more and use it again in the future.

I try to make tiles that incorporate whatever tangle I have learned that week.  I have a pretty busy life but I have given myself a goal of learning 5 tangles and to then create a tile to put all of them together.  I hope I can learn at least enough tangles to create at least two tiles a week or more, it all depends on how crazy my week is. Keep my fingers crossed.

As always please visit the Zentangle® official website for all information regarding the Art of Zentangle®.
Everyone is welcome to critic my tile and hopefully be inspired to create since even a beginner like me can learn and find joy in art.  Be safe and as always look for your creative joy.

Wonderingmindfiled


Zentangle Tile #3

No comments:

Post a Comment