Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Art Journal Page #4

Art Journal Page 4
Alright…this is much better!  I liked the way this turned out and it is the first page I’m happy with after the few mishaps I’ve had in the past.  I learned how to correct a few mistakes I’ve made in my previous pages.  For example, I used a tree stencil and used modeling paste to fill it in and form the tree with a thin layer of the paste.  I took my time my time and first place the papers and embellishments on the paper and see if I liked the placement before I started gluing.

I glued some bit and pieces I had, such as the half circle roman numbers that resemble a clock to add some interest.    I  used dictionary paper and ripped a few pieces and decoupage  the scrap of papers.  I discover my favorite tool, dry wall tape.  I was looking for something in my basement that had a bit of grid feel to it and came across the tape used to hold two dry wall together, you know that annoying tape you have to lay on the dry wall and then plaster the thing.  Well this makes a great texture and because it already come a little tacky it stays put until glued down.

You never know what treasures can be found in the basement, since I also found door screen material that also make great grid texture and both the tape and the screen material are thin and do not add too much bulk to the page.

When coloring the page I did forget to mention that I created the tree after I painted the page with aqua acrylic paint.  When completely dry I used painters tape and taped down the stencil then with the modeling paste created the tree.  to add contrast with the background I took some orange acrylic paint and with a little water painted the tree.  The great thing was that the modeling paste created a nice texture and when painted if had grooves and line that resemble tree lines.

This is definitely a promising start for me and I hope to continue learning and improving while of this beginner’s journey.

Be safe and continue searching for your creative joy,

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment