Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Art Journal Page 27: In Honor of New York!

I am from the Boston area and anyone that know even a little about baseball know all about the rivalry between the Red Sox and the Yankees. 

Well I love the Red Sox, but I also enjoy visiting New York City.  There is such great diversity of activities and you get to see people just from all over the world in every corner you look.  Is like visiting different countries in one place.  So I got this stencil at a clearance rack and really love Lady Liberty.


The funny part is that I have visited New York City many times.  I have seen different Broadway shows, gone to museums, gone shopping, but I have yet to go the the Statue of Liberty.  Seriously lacking in the tourist department! 

This is a city that have been tested and has survived great tragedy, it deserves a little shout out once in a while.  As someone from a town that has also seen tragedy I can feel kinship with this city.  I have nothing but positive experiences in my visits there and will always look forward to going back.

Materials I used:  Stencil Plaid Folk Art® NYC Set #30971, numbers washi tape,  drywall tape and little squares stencils for texture.  For Lady Liberty I used modeling paste to give it some dimension and I colored the paste with mint green acrylic paint.  The page background was colored with Premier® "Purple Red" acrylic paint.

In honor of New York and all its great people is this journal page.


(p.s... I'm still a Bostonian at heart...and still looking for a Boston stencil…meanwhile, Go Red Sox and the Patriots!!!)

Have a great and safe day and let your mind if not your body travel the world!
Wonderingmindfield

No comments:

Post a Comment