Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DYI Letter and Words Stickers


Ok…I really like incorporating words into my mixed media cards and bookmarks,  I think of them as  little burst of inspiration and encouragement to the ones who receive them.  

My dilemma started when I purchased these cute word stickers by Cosmo Cricket at a Tuesday Morning on discount and liked them so much that I pretty much ran of them.  I could not find the ones I like and except for Tim Holtz I could not find others with words I liked.  So after some random thinking I realized I could just make my own!  Party smile-party time!  This is how I created my own word stickers using few supplies and some old fashion typing.

Supplies: 
  • Computer with Word® or a typing software
  • White cardstock paper
  • Xyron® 1.5” create-a-sticker with a sticker roll
Process:
  1. Open a new Word® document and create a table by going to “insert,” then “table”". In my case I created three columns and 6 rows.  The reason I created the table is because I could print the grid lines and use them as guide to cut and know the correct width of the strip I need and be able to fit them through the Xyron 1.5” create-a-sticker.  I set the width of the rows to 1.3 to give myself some “wiggle” room (that’s a technical word Nyah-Nyah).
  2. I used the “courier new” font in word to give it a typewriter look to the words.  You can certainly use any fonts and word art effect you want.  The idea is to create what you like and depending on what type of sticker machine or medium you have, just make the sizes accordingly.
  3. Once you have typed all the words and/or phrases then print them on white card stock paper, or any other color card stock your little heart desires.
  4. Once printed you can cut the words in strips and run them through the Xyron® of any other sticker machine you have.  Of course, you can just cut and glue, as well!  I like the little Xyron 1.5 create a-sticker because is just the right size for my stickers and take no space.  
  5. Once all my words and phrases were cut out in strips I placed them on a photo storage case (5x7) box to have handy when inspiration strikes.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I printed the words in white card stock with a laser printer.  I tested the sticker with Golden® regular gel (semi-gloss) and the words did not smudge.  I don’t have an inkjet, so I couldn’t test it.  My advise is to print a word or two and them coated with your preferred medium and test smudging.

I hope you are inspired to make your own sticker words.  As always thank you for visiting this corner of my world and have a blessed day!  Rolling on the floor laughing

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment