Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Scan-n-Cut Marathon!

My daughter, the arts/graphic design student, just recently gave me a stack of paper she had colored with acrylic paint.  Vibrant and colorful and just jummy I kept thinking about what to do with them and then after a couple of days, Voila! It occurred to me to just do some cutting.

Space is limited in my studio/office.  I have good storage on the walls but not much working surface so I have to make the best of it.  One of the things I do often is go through a cutting marathon.  I take out my Brother Scan-n-Cut, my Fiskars Fuse, scraps of paper and assorted dies and I start cutting all kinds of shapes out of the scraps of papers I've accumulated from various projects or as in this particular case I used all the papers my daughter gave me.

I try to think about what I use often, such as dresses, circles, hearts, bookmarks, ATC, and greeting cards, and cut out all types of shapes and stored them in my photo containers.  This way I always have a nice stash of usable shapes and more room to accumulate more scraps for the next cutting marathon.

Here are some of the pictures I took of my cutting marathon!  Have a great day and when you have some time off do something fun!

WonderingMindField

Acrylic paint backgrounds

Pick shapes and feed background
Cut away some fun shapes built in in the Scan Cut



You can cut Pocket Letter size cards
Create!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment