Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Creative Moment! Card Making Save!

I while back I was on the train in route to the airport to go on vacation (a very short one) and realized I had forgotten to mail some handmade card for a swap I had signed up for. They needed to be mailed by a certain date, the horror! 

What to do when you had no supplies with you and very little time?  First I needed to wait until I landed.  Which by the way was at 11pm! 

The next day as soon as I had a moment I googled Michael's® and went for a quick trip. I purchased the following:
  • Recollections™ Cardmaking Kit
  • Recollection Ivory plain cards with envelopes
  • Color cardstock
  • Elmers® Rubber Cement
  • $1 heart charms

I used the kitchen scissors to cut and a metal ruler my daughter’s friend had with her and I created some cards for my swap.  I used some of the materials from the card kit, like the hearts and banners and then decorated some plain ivory note cards.  I used the color cardstock papers to add more color and by cutting them in strips and banners it also added dimension and interest.  I decorated my planner with Heidi Swap washi tape, and what would you know I had some in my purse, used those to to decorate.

Not being in my studio and having limited supplies forced me to get creative.  And you know what?  I really enjoyed the time I spent making these cards.  And as I found later my swap partner liked them too!  Nice save!

Thanks for visiting, take care and here are some pictures of my mess and the cards I created!

This was my work area at the condo I rented!

Card #1 - The words are from
washi tape from my planner!

Card #2 Added some cardstock background
Card #3 Added some charms to the hearts.
Card #4 More washi tape, cardstock & hearts.

Coordinating envelopes



No comments:

Post a Comment