Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Art Journal Page No. 23

I wanted to make something whimsical and I saw this image at Dreamstine.com and really liked it and wanted to make something with it.  I have Brother Scan and Cut machine from my husband and daughter for mother’s day and could not wait to try making a stencil out of this lovely image.

My process:
  • I took Duralar® .005 Clear film which is a acetate alternative and worked pretty well for cutting in the scan and cut.  As a try out it works well and I can use the image a few more times. 
  • Materials I used to create the background:
    1. Paper:  Michael’s “Songs of Spring” packet
    2. Writing:  Stencil TCW261s (6x6) Mini Art Is…
    3. Paints:  Reeve’s Deep Turquoise acrylic, Titanium White, and Silver
    4. Folk Art® Clear Medium to make the paint for fluid.
  • I paste scraps of the paper and the butterflies were cut out of the paper I paste on the paper.  I also used washi tape strips and with the stencil I stenciled the phrases on the page.
  • The deep turquoise was thinned out with the gel medium and I colored the entire page.
  • Using the titanium white and stenciled the image and then with the silver I did some shading.
I love the color turquoise is one of my favorite colors and any time I get to use it makes me happy.  Than is the idea of art journal, use colors that bring you joy and give your soul a boost.

Be safe and be well…

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment