Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Art Journal Page No. 25

Did I mentioned how much I love stencils?  I reallyyyy love them.  So I got a few of them recently on sale and decided this is my page using all this lovely stencils. 
My Process & Materials:
  • Strips of music paper and Tim Holtz® washi paper tape
  • Tim Holtz Stain “Spiced Marmalade” for background color and mute the strips of paper pasted to the page.
  • Joggles “Spirals (10-33738)” for background that’s the spiral shapes on the background. I used Reeves® viridian and silver to add the stencil shapes into the background
  • “Art is…” Mini 6x6 Stencil TCW 261s: I taped the stencil with blue painters tape and using
    modeling paste and made a dimensional imprint of it in the page.  This is a technique I really love doing with stencils.  It adds great dimension and interest  to the layout.
  • Zenspirations 6x6 Mini stencil TCW465s.  I used Folkart® HD “licorice” (black) paint to stencil the design.  This is the first stencil I have found from designer and creator of Zenspirations, Joanne Fink, and I hope there are more to come.
  • Other thinks I used to add to the background were: Metal heart shape and Plaid® Swirl Stencil to add more interest to the background.
  • I outlined the butterflies with Permapaque Sakura® marker in gold and silver.
The stencil I used with the modeling paste (TCW261s) has this message:

“Art is just another way of expressing our innermost thoughts onto concrete media.  Where form and function come together in beauty color and shape. We put our feelings and experiences onto paper, canvas, surfaces of all kinds.  Following ourselves to release and surrender to this all encompassing force.  This need to register what was today, what might be tomorrow.  Find what was yesterday and the day before that.”


This is a great message and loved using it in this page and I have used it many times as background on some of my other pages. 

Let your art speak for your soul and always remember to find joy in it…

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment