Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Art Journal Page No. 26

Is it really enjoyable when you are able to use a a stencil in different ways and still find inspiration in them more than once??  Be right back

Here is another page I created using the  © Madartists | Dreamstime.com - Woman With  

Long Hair stencil I made with the Brother Scan & Cut machine and Duralar clear film.  I was not sure where this page was going, but it was 12 am and I could not sleep.  I had been studying for a final exam and had a little too much energy, so I got my art journal and this is the result.

My process & materials:
  • Dry wall tape and glued a couple of strips to the page.
  • I got this flyer from Trader Joes® supermarket and I don’t know if you know the look of the flyer but it has a old world look to it and it is designed with images from Victorian ages.  Really cool flyer to add background to your pages.  I also used some strips of music paper from an old book of rhymes I have.
  • I applied some gesso to softened the edges of the scrap the paper then used Inkadinkado Stamp #60-00435 “My thoughts are free to go anywhere….” to add more words to the background.
  • Dylusions Spray Paints:  London Blue.  With a brush I lightly spread this beautiful blue over my pages to add color to the background.
  • Folkart® “licorice” black paint: I stenciled the lady face at a angle on my page. I added a few more strand of hair to give it a fuller look.
  • Tim Holtz® Layering Stencil Eye Chart #THS010: With the Berry wine Folkart® HD paint I stenciled the eye chart randomly around the page and slightly on the side of her face.
  • Dylusions “Teal Calypso” spray & Ultramarine Blue acrylic (ProArt): With a wet brush and mixed this two colors and added the darker shade of blue aroun the face and around the page.  I just kept adding color and contour to the face, leaving the front of the face lighter for my final touch.
  • Prima “Gardenia” Stencil by Jamie Dougherty: With some modeling paste I created the 3d flower. 
The message I was going for in this  page was to remind myself that I had to remember to take deep breaths and have some rest in order to complete all the demands in my life.  Sitting down and letting this page come to life calm my mind and sleep came to me.


Find your calm and be safe…

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment