Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Art Journal Page 30

I have been on a dress kick I can seem to shake! I’ve been cutting this dress from my Brother® Scan and Cut like you would’ve believe.  I’ve made cards, bookmarks and even a cover for a handmade journal I’m working on, so after realizing these are way too many dresses, I went and made a page for my art journal. Ha!

Materials:
  • Dress and heart shapes from Brother Scan & Cut database
  • Drywall tape, washi tape, and Golden Heavy Gel (matte)
  • Dylusion spray inks: squeezed orange, calypso teal and white linen
  • NeoColor crayon: white
  • Reeves acrylic: deep turquoise
  • Stencils: Dina W. “mini half tone borders” TCW419s
  • Stamps:  Dylusions “further around the edge”
  • Flower print scrapbook, music sheet scraps
Creative Notes:

Started by gluing  strips of music sheet and then painting the page with deep turquoise, sprayed a  little water so you can still see the paper.  After is dry I sprayed it with “calypso teal” and sprayed with water to add more depth.

Washi tape (Tim Holtz®) was glued on the edges, dry wall tape on each side of the page, and then stamped leaves from Dylusions set.

Cut the 2 hearts and then cut them in half.  decorated them with washi tape, little scraps of printed paper, and strips of dry wall.  They were colored with Dylusions “squeeze orange.”  Cut 2 other hearts (different sizes) and also decorated and painted them with water down deep turquoise.

Dress was done by using printed scrapbook paper with orange background tones and giving it a wash with a little water and “squeeze orange” spray ink.  Stamped leaves and glued strips of dry wall tape and washi tape.  My last touch was to glue the phrases and then finish it with heavy gel (matte). 

Let’s hope I know can think of something else that does not involve a dress!  Have a great day and leave a comment if you think I need to stop with the dress obsession! 

Be safe and enjoy your creative journey!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment