Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Zenspirations #23 (Mini)

A few blogs back I made some suggestions about using Bic® Fine Point because of my heavy hand and the way I keep destroying the Sakura® Micron 01 pens, and to my surprise the creator of Zenspirations™, Joanne Fink, actually posted a comment!!  Excited!!!!

Anyhow, she suggested that for those like me with a heavy hand, try using Sakura® Micron 05.  I must say the pen held up pretty well when I tried it.  I still like the Bic® but now I have more options!

I cut some squares (approximately 3.5 x 4 inches) from some nice drawing paper scraps I have from a journal project. They are the perfect size for my pocket in my planner and I can carry them with me when inspiration strikes.

What I have learned is that Zenspirations™ is not just about dangles.  You can incorporate shapes such as flowers and just add pattern to the design.  It is also about writing and incorporation positive messages into you drawings.

So I have been playing around with different shapes, such as hearts and little homes.  This is one of my first attempts with butterflies, which are cute drawings Joanne Fink uses in her art and she teaches how to draw them in her book, “Zenspirations: Letters & Patterning.”  I personally think the butterflies would be a great addition to a card or as an accent on an art journal.  I used my stash of gel pens to add some color.

Thanks to Ms. Fink for the suggestion about the Micron 05 and is definitely well appreciated plus a great addition to my favorite pens to use while doing Zenspirations™ and Zentangle®.

As always thanks for visiting and remember that with art the more you like your tools the more art you want to create, and even on a budget you can still create!


WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment