Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mixed Media Bookmark #4

A little OCD dress!  I discover this dress pattern on my Brother Scan Cut and I swear I can’t seem to stop using it.  I am not a dress kind of girl but I do love using this little cutie on my art.  Winking smile

I forgot to clean my hands, so when I was applying the words to the paper (of course, I was using my fingers) the paint on my fingers started rubbing on them, giving the words a bit of a dirty look.  Not quite what I was going for, but art is not perfect and sometimes you just roll with it.

Some general materials I used are:  mixed media paper, Cricket Cosmo Tiny Words, dry wall tape, Tim Holtz washi tape, modeling paste, acrylic paints, 6x6 Stencils, dress and heart shapes.

The general process here as with my other bookmarks is to just layer textures and shapes.  I was just experimenting and trying to come up with a different look.  One thing I realize was I was trying too hard.  It took longer that usual to create this piece and when I was done it I wasn't happy with it.

The lesson learned?  I can't always control the process.  Sometimes the best pieces come from your my subconscious, when I just let the piece come together on its own and not force the outcome too much...control is hard to let go off!

Thanks for visiting my corner of the world and remember that art can’t be controlled…let it happen and it will bring you joy!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment