Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Art Journal Page No. 17


Art Journal Page 17“Embrace your curves and live for yourself at peace.”

Lots of texture and color for this page.  The true is that I started this page with one idea and the color went bad on me, so I walked away and cooked supper and let the page dry really well before tackling it again.  I find when you have no inspiration and things go a little wrong with your art that is a good thing to walk away from it and try not to force the ideas, but to let them come to you. 

Notes:
  • After a rocky start with a purple I absolutely hate it and decided to keep going and glued some strips of paper  and covered it with some gesso.  I then took some Dylusions spray ink and used crushed grapes and some fuchia and created the color on the background
  • I have a lot of washi tapes and love it when I have a chance to use them.  I took some strips of different patterns and taped them to the right and left of the page and to add even more texture I took strips of window screen material as well.  I find this screen material really nice to work with.  I actually like it better than lace.  It is thin and flexible and does not add bulk to the page.
  • On page 10 of my art journal I used a template from stamps I purchased from The Enchanted Gallery that I really like, so decided to use the corset and wings and cut-out the stamped image. 
  • I also have a TimHoltz® dress form die I cut and glued to page.
  • I drew and cut a skirt and glued all the pieces together (dress form, wings, corset and skit).
  • The mirror on the corner is a sticker I had on my scrap pile and I just glued it and wrote my quote. 
  • With some $1 unmounted stamp that mimic writing I lightly stamped all over the page to just add more interest.
  • The final step I did was take modeling paste and just randomly applied it with a putty knife to give it that peeling wallpaper look those very old abandoned homes have.
Honestly I like the way it turned out.  I started with no inspiration and a color I did not like to a page that shows the girly in me.  Trust me that is not something I show often!! 
Lesson here is that with art journal there are never mistakes, just opportunities waiting to be found.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting.
WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment