Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

My Personal Zentangle® String Challenge!

I have been looking and following many other great and holy awesome Certified Zentangle Teachers and a lot of them participate in “The Diva Challenge.”  The work I’ve seen, blows my mind on how good they are and honestly I feel like a kindergarten kid competing against the teachers, so I haven’t had the nerve to even create a tile for the Challenge.  This is a personal issue and nothing to do with the challenge or the great ladies who participate in the challenge.  I guess I feel I don’t know enough tangles or have enough time to come up with ideas for it.  Lately, however, I’ve wanted to use more of the traditional methods and take my practice of Zentangle® to say, 1st grade level.

TanglePatterns-String-001
TanglePatterns String 001
Thinking smileAfter some thinking I thought to do my own self-challenge.  Using the TanglePatterns.com “string” section as a guide I will challenge myself to use those strings as inspiration. I will create traditional Zentangle® tiles without using stencils (my comfort zone go to supply), so I’m going to start with string 001.  This website has some great information and many, many links to all kinds of tangles and helpful information.  It is run by Linda Farmer, CZT and if you really like it throw her a donation.  The site is free but all that work she does deserves a little donation!

So, here I go, wish me luck and if you like the strings please click on the caption under the picture and it will direct you to TanglePatterns.com where you can download the string and find the creator and any other information you might need.

Please remember that ALL the strings are property of the creator and TanglePattern.com, so please contact them about any issues or questions. Do not overstep the copyright boundaries and lets all support and be nice to those with superior talents!!PeacePEACE IN THE CREATIVE WORLD!  (I know, I laid it out a little thick…Rolling on the floor laughing)  As soon as I complete the tile using this string I will do a quick post to show off my kindergarten skills!!!!

Be safe and fill your soul with creativity and most of all be safe…

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment