Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Art Journal Page 20

You know that sometimes is hard to make something when you are not really inspired to, but the lesson I learned is, that is ok, I can always come back and do something later.  This page started with the background which I created using some red and orange spray inks then with a Ranger™ red ink pad and a Stampendous® Cube Marble Texture Cube (TC01), I created the marble effect on the background.  Having done that I took my stencil and drew the shape on the page, and that’s when inspiration dried up .

I taped a strip of washi tape and them stared at the page for the longest time with no idea where to go next.  So I decided to just let it go and walk away and do something else, like going on Pinterest® and see other people’s spectacular work.  What can I say, it was not a very good day to create anything.

About a few days later I came back to the page and still nothing, so I decided to just color the branches with some acrylic paint and see where I would end up.  I finished with the dark brown and still had no idea what else to do, again I walk away! (depressing)

Now after a week of no art journaling I went back to that page and decided to just write something.  I had seen a Art Journaling magazine that week and an artist would paint faces on the page and then write different quotes on them.  So I looked up a few quotes that spoke to me and with a blue gel pen when to town on this tree.

Here are some of the quotes I wrote:
“Great lives all remind us; We can make our lives sublime,and when departing, leave behind us, Footprints on the sands of time…” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“It matters not who strait the gate; How charged with punishments the scroll; I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul…” - William E. Henley
“To leave a legacy is to take care of our children and given them a future.” – Consuelo Morales
“Only time will bring forgiveness to our heart…” – Consuelo Morales
 I continue to fill in by just writing random words of meaning to me and then decided that this page had ended.  The one thing I realized while writing the quotes down was that I need not to fuss so much about a finished project.  Total control is impossible!

Have a great and safe day and keep searching for more creative joy!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment