Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Butterfly (Zentangle-Inspired Art)


My daughter is a Graphic Design college student and she has a very lovely best friend who is like our adopted daughter.  She is just a great person and just talking to her makes you smile.  Every time she gives me a present is always a hand made card with one of her original drawing and I always cherish them and have them on a little ledge where I put mementos.  She just turned 21 and I made her card using Zentangle(r) and a stencil that reminds me of her.  A butterfly card for a butterfly girl!

 I used a butterfly stencil I've had for the longest time (sorry, don't have the original package and don't know the manufacturer) and with my Micron pen drew the outline and filled int the spaces with some tangles.  The color came from my Fiskars Gel Pen.  I used only one color to add accent not to overpower the design and did some shading to add depth.  I wrote her name on the Envelope and also shaded the letter and used the same gel pen to ad some color.

I rather enjoyed creating this and contemplating how long is been since I've know this young woman and what a great friend she has been to my daughter.  We are much better just to have her in our lives, and I hope to keep getting her lovely cards for many years to come!

Enjoy the creative journey to the fullest.

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment