Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Art Journal Page #6

Another go at the art journal and this mini disaster was the result. I always crack myself up when I try a new experiment with my art and it really looks amazing in my head but the execution, NOT so good.  

It started when I was at the dollar store to get some stickers and saw this Halloween spider web that resembled cheese cloth and I got this idea in my head that it would make a cool texture.  So I purchased the package and off I went.

I pasted some dictionary paper in the page and then proceeded to mod podge the cheese cloth-like web.  I was doing pretty good until it dried and it was not a good look or feel.  At this point I was committed, since I have this crazy rule that once I start a project I have to make every effort to see it to the end (that OCD thing rearing its ugly head again).  I then proceeded to add some color and then realize that green and lavender do not mix well together. A bit of a mud effect there, yikes!

You know when you reach a point that tells you is time to throw the towel and just change course, because the one your on has disaster written all over it?  When this happens to me I just go over to my scrap box and start pulling odds and ends.  From the box I got some fine glitter and sprinkle it over the still damp paint.  Added a dress form cut out, mini beads and paper swirls as well as some embossed paper strips.  I did the best to cover up the eye sore that was the fake web (cheese cloth like thing).

Lesson learned?  No idea what that one was.  I did finish the page with the world happy as the finish touch at top, to remind myself is ok to mess up.

Thank your for reading this and as always, be safe and find your creative joy.

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment