Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Art Journal Page #7


The last time I did a art journal page I had a bit of a disaster with a Halloween web that I though would have made a good textured background for my art page.  Yes, it went wrong.  So this is my next attempt at the art journal business. Not too bad, in comparison to the other. 

I had this cool stencil with a heart and two wings on the sides.   Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it from.  I did start a inventory list so I could keep better track of the designer names and companies I get my stencils from in order to give proper credit.  I used Dylusions® spray ink "cut grass" for the background where I also glued some strips of dictionary paper.  I used washi tape that had words on it for a bit more color and then took a bubble wrap slip and imprinted bubbles in red and black to add texture without bulk to the page.

For the heart I took modeling paste and mixed with a little black acrylic paint, then carefully taped the stencil to the page and spread a thin layer of the colored paste over the stencil, making sure I got all the nooks and crannies and always careful not to over do it and get smudges under the stencil. I let the heart dry and then added a bronze colored leaf.

Before I started this I had seen the work of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, who is one of my favorite mixed media artist, and she writes quotes and thoughts down on most of her pages.  This is my first attempt and I wrote on the page what the heart represents to me:   

“To have a heart is to be human and to be able to feel the energy around us…No matter who we are or how we came to be is what we do with this energy that stays…Lead with your heart and enjoy good energy!  Be compassionate and caring to your heart and be yourself with others” –Consuelo Morales

I covered the entire page with a clear gel medium to protect it and off to the next project!

Thanks for reading..be safe and look for your creative joy!
WinderingMindIField

No comments:

Post a Comment