Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Traveling Zentangle® Kit

While cleaning my purse (more like a tote) I realize I had way too much stuff in it.  I had a bunch of pens, papers, cardstock, and even books.  I was trying to carry all my stuff with me everywhere yet all of it was inside what I like to call the black hole that resides inside my purse.  You know the one, where everything that you need to have right now goes into. 


So I took a breath and started cleaning the black hole in my purse.  I have a rather impatient personality and I seem to always be in the move, either physically or mentally.  My mind like the title on this blogg wonders a lot, so I like to have all kinds of little projects with me so I can entertain my mind and if an idea strikes me I can just jotted down.  It occur to me that Zentangle is the perfect traveling partner, since you do not need a lot of supplies to enjoy the method. 

Here are pictures of my supplies, starting with the really cool zipper pouch my daughter had lying around in the desk and was not using.  We bought is for $2 and It is perfect for what it is carrying. Seriously, It had tangles on it.


What I carry in this nifty pouch are some of my favorite supplies:
  • Copic 1.0 pen—Eraser
  • clear quilters ruler
  • Pencil
  • BIC® Intensity Fine marker (my favorite to draw since it is sturdy, affordable, and does not bleed through)
Also among my supplies are of course Zentangle® tiles, black cardstock tiles and some round coasters. 

I also like to carry some stencils to add interest to   a tile if the mood strikes me.  These stencils     comes in packages and are distributed by Plaid® and the best part they cost around $3 dollars.  The coasters are great for zendalas and are very affordable.  I got mine at Amazon and they came is a pack of 50 for under $15.  The last piece I like to carry are blank bookmarks which are my favorite since I love to read and have been a great fan of bookmarks.


Carrying this little Zentangle kit is great and I love it. Now I can create my own unique pieces and never have a boring moment while on the go.

Be safe and continue looking for your creative joy!  

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment