Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Art Journal Page No. 19

Feeling very tropical!!! 

Always been fascinated with mermaids.  I think the idea of an under water world is very cool and just plain fun.

To be ale to breath under water and discover all those coral reef and amazing marine life is the stuff of dreams.

So I took a mermaid tail and a paper doll form I had and combine the two to created my very curvy mermaid!

Creative Notes:

I started with decoupaging some scraps of music sheets and drywall tape (my favorite) to add the wave movement effect of the ocean.

I followed with the mermaid, which was created by taking several pieces and putting them together.  I drew the tail then the upper body form and finally glue them together.

The corset was from a stamp I have from Enchanted Gallery.  I stamped the form on card stock and then cut the form out and used it to trace the form on a emerald green scrapbook paper, then cut it out and glued to the corset form, I also decorated the paper with some stamped swirls.

The hair was the tricky part, but I printed the hair from some clip art I had saved and them cut the hair out and colored with red markers.  I then colored the background of the page with turquoise acrylic paint and then aged it with Tim Holtz® distressed ink pads.

For a flowing look I took a white pen and drew the leaves to mimic seaweed under the water.  I finished the whole thing by using Tim Holtz distressed ink pads and just stamps the long streaks of brown you see all over the page, like old bubbles!

I enjoyed this page and its whimsical feel.  That is the idea after all to just create to give your creative soul a chance to soar.

Have a great day and enjoy your journey, you only get one chance at it!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment