Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Zenspirations No. 6

More Zenspirations from my Journal.  I’m still going at it with this method, can’t stop!!!  I am taking a school course and every time I get a 30 minute break between periods I dig out my sketchbook and my little case of gel pens and start practicing.

I have not abandoned the Zentangle® method I am working on a series of Chinese symbols I'm decorating with some tangles. I will be showing them soon!  It's been a little crazy lately since I do have a  full time job and just started a certificate program that takes about 15 hours a week.  My time at my studio has been cut down significantly, but I'm trying to fight for time by taking my pens and pads with me and nab whatever little time I can squeeze in to give my creative soul some nourishment.

That's the beauty of Zentangle® and Zenpirations, they travel well.  The only thing suffering from neglect is my art journal, it's a little hard to carry my paints and supplies with me.  I'll figure it out, I do love getting my hands dirty with paint!Thinking smile

On this practice drawing I tried to do more patterns on the columns and more color on the bottom.  One thing I did not like too much is that I put too much color on the bottom of the drawing.  I was actually trying to see some more colors but the effect was not pleasing to me.  Next time I will keep color to a minimum at the bottom in order to draw the eye to the top where all the cute patterns really are.

"Life is colorful, embrace imperfections and know that humanity is complex...Live yours to the fullest and it will ripple through those around you." - Consuelo Morales

Have a great day! and keep creating....

WonderingMindField




No comments:

Post a Comment