Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Art Journal Page 28: Coffee!…Java!… Café!

Coffee!…Java!… Café!…No matter what language is still the morning vitamin for many, specially my husband.  Now, I am Puerto Rican and coffee is in your blood at birth, so I had a taste for it when I was young and love to have it with hot milk, then I would dunk soda crackers with butter on them and just eat them for breakfast before going to school. Now don’t judge my mother this was many, many years ago and we know better now..she did diluted the coffee with the milk.  It was just a cultural thing!

The point is that I love it so much that when we came to this country back in 1987, that morning right before heading for the airport, I sat and had a tin can of coffee with milk and a small stack of crackers covered in butter and said my mental goodbyes to my town, friends and my morning coffee as well as my life as I knew then in Puerto Rico.  That was the last time I had coffee, 28 years ago.

I saw this stencil for $1.25 and since I can resist a bargain I got it and created this page reminiscent of my past love of coffee.  Materials I used are:
  • Background:   Dylusions® Melted Chocolate spray paint and Tim Holtz® “Wild Honey” Distressed Stain. I used stencil by Tim Holtz® Mini Texturized TCW437 with Folkart berry wine paint to create texture.
  • Folk Art® Licorice Cup and Lettering for the coffee cup which was stenciled using Reeves® Payne’s Gray acrylic paint.
  • Washi tape for the side borders and black and gold paint markers to outline the cup and coffee beans.
A quick and no fuss art journal page to keep the creative process going, specially when time is short and you just want to do something different to relax.
I am by no means an experienced artist but just a beginner that enjoys the process, I believe is about the journey not the destination.

Have a blessed day and keep creating.

Wonderingmindfield

No comments:

Post a Comment