Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Art Journal Page 29

I've been trying to experiment with some backgrounds.  It is a marvel and enjoyment to watch what other talented artist do when creating background for their art journals and it inspires me to experiment more with different techniques.  

Recently, I discovered a very talented art journal artist name “Nika in Wonderland” on YouTube.  What I enjoy about her videos is that she uses almost the same materials all the time and yet achieves such different looks.  Check out her channel on You Tube, the videos are not too long but have some very nice pages ideas.


As to this page the materials I used are:


--Dylusions® spray paints:  lemon zest, pure sunshine, and after midnight

--Stencils:  Ronda Palazzari® TCW396: Arrows and Hearts; Joggles® “Floral Fantasy mask 10-33764; Prima Stencil® “Camera” #564292; Tim Holtz® “Bubble” THS002; Texture Shine stencil style No.88505; and lettering plastic stencil.

--Dry wall tape for frame around camera stencil

--Reeves® Silver acrylic paint

The process was really about spraying and layering with the stencils until I got the look I wanted.


I started with the light colors and then with the Joggles Floral Fantasy stencil used the Dylusions after midnight spray paint to add texture to the page.  The camera silhouette I created with the Prima stencil “Camera” (564292) and used modeling paste to created some dimension.  I colored it with a silver paint marker.


This page took me about 40mins and I created at 11:30pm because I could not sleep.  It was very relaxing and calmed my mind enough to go to sleep.  I think this was better than a sleeping pill…tempting as that might’ve been. Sarcastic smile


Have a good night (or day!) and the lesson is if you can’t sleep then do some art!


Wonderingmindfield

No comments:

Post a Comment