Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

MixMedia Card #1

This is my first try at using mixed media techniques to create cards instead of art journals pages.  I was inspired by Cat Hand and her YouTube videos.  She does a lot of mix media but at a smaller scale.  Her cards are whimsical and easy and her art journal pages are just as fun.  She uses a lot of her own Gelli Arts® Prints, magazine pages and just very simple materials to create really whimsical and beautiful cards.  

It was in one of her videos that I discovered that the Uni-ball Vision® Micro pen. I have to say the pen has worked on slick surfaces and on the surfaces where I use decoupage glue.  
Click HERE for the link on this video and check out some of Cat Handvideos.  



On this card I just used my Gelli Arts® plate to create my background and added some washi tape (Tim Holtz).  I cut some hearts from other scrap prints and added some texture and dimension with stencils and modeling paste.  The words came from Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Stickers.  I trimmed the edges and then glue the entire piece to a black card. I used the Uni-Ball® Micro pen  to outline the words and around the hearts, I dried the ink with my heat gun to prevent smudging (Thanks Cat for the helpful video!Martini glass)

Just a little something to get my creativeness going.  It you don’t feel like creating a big piece just go small and see where the possibilities take you.

Have a great day and be safe!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment