Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Art Journal Page 14

Simple but vibrant!  I had only about an hour and wanted to create something quick and simple. I know! more stencils, but I love them.  I got “Poppies” by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and created this simple page that was quick but happy!

Creative Notes:
  • Using some Dylusions spray inks (Cherry box and squeezed orange) I created the background on the page. 
  • After the ink was dry with a mister I sprayed water on the page to create texture and them with just a regular piece of small bubble wrap I pressed it down to add all the different blotchy texture on the background.
  • With a black sharpie® I drew the curved lines around the page and then traced again with a white opaque pen to make them blend on the background.
  • With the same Sharpie® I took the stencil and traced the flowers in the page.
  • With gouache paints I colored the flowers with orange, yellow and green.
  • Using the white opaque gel pen and traced some line on the leaves.
  • I typed the phrase: “it’s the inspiration in my soul that keeps me nourished” in word.  Leaving a few spaces in between the words to allow for cutting.  I also printed in different sizes to fill the blank space better.
  • I took a distressed ink pad by Tim Holtz™ (“barn door”) and with a piece of felt distressed the page even more so everything look blended and aged.
  • The date stamped at the bottom is the day I wrote the phrase on another journal I keep by my bedside table.
The lesson here is that all you need is a little time, a few supplies and some quiet time and we can create something pretty that brings us creative joy.

Have a great day and keep your soul nourished!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment