Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Zentangle® Tile #11:

I recently went to a Zentangle Basics class with Emily Classon and learned a new a couple of tangles.  The problem is that I forgot to write the names down.    I have to do some research and find the names so I can add them to my Zentangle Binder.  In the meantime this is my very simple but I think is kind of cute Zentangle Tile for this week.

I kept this tile simple and used a flower stencil for the outline.  I know I use a lot of stencils when I create these tiles but the truth is that I do use them because I find inspiration in them.  I like my drawings to have a form and I’m still very much a beginner when it comes to drawing. 

Drawing with just the tangles still something I am working on and hopefully someday I can be half as good as some of the other artists who just draw with the tangles on a blank page and create crazy good pictures.

 In the meantime I find stencils a great help and my way of creating something pretty without stressing too much about how to tackle that blank page.  Some of the tangles I used on this tile are crescent moon, w2, hollibaugh, and squid (variation).  The stencil is again from my little stash of paper stencil from Plaid™.

I guess my lesson with this tile is that I don’t have to be super talented at drawing to still have a nice quite time creating something pretty.  Isn’t there a saying that says “practice makes perfect?”  Well perfection is overrated but practice isn’t. 

Have a great day and keep on practicing!!!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment