Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Bookmark #6

Color!!! One of my most intimidating things to do.  I see other artist use color as if it was part of their hand, with flow and grace.  Me?  Not so much...my daughter who is a art major recently gave me a color wheel to help with color decisions.  A nice useful tool that is helping take some of the guess work out but I'm still hesitant when using color and in my Zentangle®.

This is one of my first attempts at using color and I guess is a start.  I need to just tell myself to not be afraid to experiment.  What is the work that can happen...I mess up the colors, just toss it and start over.

I just got a mixed media journal (travel size) that I plan to use to do some Zentangle®.  The idea is not to judge myself too much and allow more room for mistakes. If I want to keep creating I need to venture out of my comfort zone and allow new things ideas to take form.

On this bookmark I used watercolor pencils and a water brush pen to apply color to the tangles.  Honestly I had no idea  how to paint this patterns...just took a pencil and went at it.  The one thing I did find out is to be very careful when using the water on a non-watercolor paper.  Too much water and the ink from the pen start smudging and the paper can start peeling.

My favorite is the blue, that color came out nice... just need to work on the others.

Hope you are able to step out of your comfort zone and let the ideas guide your creative journey...have a safe day and follow your heart!

WonderingMindField


No comments:

Post a Comment