Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Mixed Media Card #3

This is my third card in my set and I am enjoying this process and the new way of expressing good thoughts and encouragement through mixed media.  With my tight schedule is really encouraging for me to be able to complete these little mixed media treats and not feel that I am neglecting this form of expression by not been able to do a larger art journal.  These cards take me less time and I am pleased with the results.


One product I love to use is the Folk Art HD Visual Texture Acrylic Paints and the bad news is that these paints (first promoted by Donna Dewberry) are no longer available.  I did stock up on a clearance sale but I really need to find a substitute.  They are creamy and have the look of oil paints.

Products I used:
  • Strathmore Mixed Media paper cut 4.5 x 6.5
  • AC Cardstock Black 5x7 Card
  • Old book paper scraps
  • Tim Holtz: Bubble THS002 Layering Stencil
  • Crafter's Workshop: TCW437s Mini Textured stencil
  • Permapaque Sakura markers: black
  • Dylusions: Further around the edge stamp DYR34513
  • Drywall tape (grid texture)
  • ModPodge
  • Folk Art HD Visual Acrylic Paints:  yellow ochre, viridian, magenta, lemon yellow
  • Dylusions Spray Paint:  Vibrant Turquoise
  • Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Stickers
Unfortunately my camera is in the fritz and the picture doesn't really show that the green is much deeper. Hopefully for my next blog I can use my daughter's fancy camera.

Take good care of yourself and remember to find art in your every day.

Wonderingmindfiedl


No comments:

Post a Comment