Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

MixMedia Bookmark #2

Feeling pink!  This is a color I hardly go for most of the time but kind of like when I do.  I'm not the most girly person and most of the time I am dressed in black sweaters and jeans due to the nature of my day job, but once in a while the girly in me sneaks out and this is the result.

Materials:
  • Cardstock bookmark
  • Tim Holtz Die cut dress form
  • Cosmo Cricket Tiny Words
  • Heart shape cookie cutter
  • Tim Holtz paper washi tape
  • Dry wall tape
  • Tim Holtz Layering Chevron Stensil and Eye Chart Stencil
  • Dylusions: "Around the edges" stamp set
  • FolkArt HD Paints:  Licorice, magenta
  • Neocolor II Pink
  • Gesso and ModPodge
Process:
  1. Cover the bookmark with gesso.
  2. Glued about half of the dress form and trimmed the rest.
  3. Layered the washi tape, and dry wall tape to the right of the dress from to add texture. 
  4. Covered the dress form with paper washi tape to add interest and colored using a Neocolor crayon in a magenta color. Used water to dilute the color to a more pink hue.
  5. With Magenta acrylic paint I stenciled the chevron pattern.
  6. Light inked leaves from Dylusions "around the edges" stamp set to add more textured to the background.
  7. With the cookie cutter I traced the hearts with a black acrylic and the Neocolor Black crayon I colored the inside of the hearts added shadows around the dress form. These Neocolor crayons are water soluble so they are not entirely opaque.
  8. With Cosmo Cricket tiny words stickes I created the sentiment then use the Uni-ball Vision pen to trace around the words and around the dress form to add make them stand out.
  9. Cover the entire bookmark with Golden Semi gloss medium and Voila!

     Step 1-3                                                                           Step 4-7

This bookmark is part of a set of three I am creating, using dresses and the dress form.  Very feminine and it has inspired me to create a bigger art journal page I will show soon.

Have a great day and have keep searching for inspiration all around you!

WonderingMindField


No comments:

Post a Comment