Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

MixMedia Bookmark #1

Currently working on updating and adding some more things to my Etsy shop.  Since I started school is been very hard to make time for art, but thankfully I have been having more time on Sundays and now got a few things to put out there.  I am working on a mixed media series of bookmarks that I'm enjoying making.

This bookmark was inspired by a pattern on my Bother Scan-and-Cut machine of a very simple dress.  I have wanted to do something with dresses for the longest time and this was my first chance.

I cut a bunch of these from different pattern papers  from a 6x6 paper pad by "Hey you."  I honestly do not know where else to get these papers for the exception of Tuesday Morning store where I got the pad for $1.99.  I love going to this store every few weeks and see what things I can find at really discounted prices.

"Make beautiful things everyday.  Art = happiness"  this is a saying that I created using Cosmo Cricket tiny words and I strongly believe that we as human need to surround ourselves with more beauty.  By beauty I mean, love, honesty, respect, and laughter.  In this day and age is hard to see these qualities, but so worth the search to not only find them in yourself but on those we surround ourselves with.

Whether your are a beginner or an experience artist, art will always bring happiness to your soul.  Color a coloring page with your kids, makes a mess out of paper mache, or just paint a plaster figurine, create art whether possible and see how your mind and heart will receive the joy.

Have a great day and create happiness in your life.

WonderingMindField


P.Sssss. Materials used:
  • Crafter's Workshop TCW437 Texturized Stencil
  • Dylusions: Further around the edge DYR34513 stamps
  • NeoColor II (black)
  • Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type words
  • Drywall tape
  • Heart shape cookie cutter
  • FolkArt HD Paints:  cayman blue, yellow light, licorice and magenta

No comments:

Post a Comment