Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

MixMedia Bookmark #3

All righty!  Finished my third bookmark on this first series of mixed media bookmarks.  The process has been very inspiring and I am feeling creative.  Ideas for some cards and journals are coming into my wonderingmind and I hope to find the time to give them form.

For this bookmark I used pretty much the same materials as my other two bookmarks:

Bookmark card stock
Drywall tape (texture and dress belt)
Heart Cookie cutter (to trace hearts)
Dylusions "around the edges stamp set" (leaves on the background)
Modeling paste (dots)
Scrapbook paper scraps (dress)
FolkArt HD Paints (green foliage, magenta and licorice)
Cosmic cricket Tiny words

I did want to mention that the paints I've been using lately, the FolkArt HD Visual Texture, are no longer been produced.  I just happen to have a nice stash (25 bottles) of them I purchased when they were on clearance at AC Moore ($.50) a while back.  I contacted FolkArt and they said they do not make them anymore and have no substitutions.  I do love them and the picture does not show how nice they are in reality. They have a nice consistency and dilute well with water.

Needless to say any acrylic paint will do and mixing colors and brands is something I constantly find myself doing.  One thing we crafters and artists love is to stock up on materials and mix-an-match like crazy, it is the end result that matters.  

Have a nice stash of scraps which I used on this project.  With my Brother Scan-n-Cut  I've cut all kinds of shapes and used them for little projects like this one.  Nice and handy!

Enough rambling, THANK YOU for visiting this little corner of my mind and have a safe and creative day!

WonderingMindField


No comments:

Post a Comment