Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Art Journal Page #9

Following the inspiration with Art Journal Page #8 I decided since this page was going to be next to it to have a similar theme.  I have this seamstress dress form stamp and I really like and wanted to incorporate it in this page.
Art Journal Page 9
I started with a creamy acrylic yellow paint and then paste it some music paper from an old book I got at a library sale for $2.00. The next step was to decorate the dress form with the same pattern tissue I used on the other page and created a skirt with some trimmings from handmade paper.

The rest of the page was decorated with various stamps I had in order to give the page a more vintage look.  I did use bubble wrap to add the circles for texture and also used door screen material to add the strips of it to the page.  Screen material is very flexible and adds more texture without been to bulky, the same way the plaster wall tape does.

Overall the page did not turn out to bad.  I tried to make sure I did not overcrowd the page and really take my time and enjoy the process.

Take care and find your creative joy
WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment