Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bookmark Series #4

A little mixed media and a little Zentangle and voila!  This bookmark reminds me of my daughter Bianca.  That girl has the longest eye lashes this side of the family gene pool.  The child does not even need mascara.  I guess she has her dad to thank for them because she can’t thank me.

I used a stencil from Jane Davenport (6x6 Jane Girls Series Set), Prismacolor colored pencils, Sakura® glaze black pen, and some well loved tangles.

Notes:

-Trace the stencil, leaving some room for the hair.

-Colored the face with peach Prismacolor™ pencil and use a blue one for the background and eye shadow.

-I drew the hair in by keeping the strand wide in order to draw the tangles.

-I outlined the face, hair strands, and the eye with the Sakura® black Glaze pen to add a finished look and a little dimension to the face.

Overall the bookmark took me about forty minutes.  You really want to make sure the glaze pen is dry of it will smudge and ruin the dimensional effect.  This stencil is versatile and I enjoy using it.  I think I'm going to use it on a art journal page.

Stay cool and keep your creative joy!

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment