Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

My Little Turtle

I was creating this for my Shop and after I was done I went  to my computer and stated to compose the inside message.  After I was done I loaded my card into the printer and the cover words came out really nice, next was the inside message which also printed pretty nice, all was well until I loaded the card to print my shop name on the back of the card.

Mind you I wrote my own directions down on how to load the card in the printer so everything is aligned and printed correctly.  But I was a little distracted and read my OWN directions wrong and loaded the card the wrong way and the shop name and all the other information printed on the inside of the card!!!  All the careful work and I mess it up and have no one to blame but myself.

Anyway, I started all over and made a new card and everything was printed correctly the second time around.  But I really liked the card and did not want to throw away the one I ruined, so I took my scissors and cut the front out and framed it on a clear acrylic frame ($.89) and placed it on my shelf.  I can look at it every time I am in my craft table.  I like the words and think they are words to stride to live by.  You know what they say make lemonade out of lemons…!

How it was created?

With a stencil I traced the outline to make the card look more neat then drew a tangle on each of the section that formed the turtle.  I used a Sakura® Micron .01 – Brown pen to draw the entire design and I also used the Sakura® Clear Glaze pen to add accent to the little turtle.  The font is “papyrus” and it was also printed using brown ink.

Some of the Zentangle® patterns used:
  • Bubbles
  • Hollybaugh (Zentangle)
  • Kaleido (S.Bartholomew)
  • Crescent Moon (Zentangle)
  • Chard (Linda Farmer)
  • Printemps (Zentangle)
  • Buttercup (S.Bartholomew)
  • Knightbridge (Zentangle)
When you find find your creative joy the possibilities are endless and accidents become works or inspiration.

Have a safe day!
WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment