Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

My Creative Space

I have been living in my current house for a few years now, and for reasons beyond my control I haven’t been able to do a lot renovations.  I have this image of my dream home and life has gotten in the way of that dream.  This is a house in need of some care and I am hoping life gives me a  little break so I  can give the house some deserving TLC.

One thing I was able to somewhat accomplish is making some room for my mind to have a space to quite down.  I know I sound like a mental health case, but I have always liked a little solitude and I find that people now and days with all the craziness and the fast pace don't really have that.  It’s not an easy thing to find.  Lucky for me I was able to recently finish a space in my home to find my solitude and be able to just surround myself with things that bring me quiet time and creativity.

These are pictures of my creative space!  Here I get to just be inside my mind and come up with ideas, write my little blog, pay bills (not very relaxing!), and keep all my supplies.  When I am really making something is messy and chaotic but hey I know where everything is, most of the time :).  I try to keep it clean and but my daughter teases me constantly because every time I get a good deal on supplies I have to rearrange things. I do have to confess that sometimes organizing my craft room is part of the fun of having one!  Don’t you think?

The little girl on the picture is my daughter when she was 5-years-old and the drawing next to her is my design for my Etsy shop.  Of course there is no fun in your creative space unless you surround yourself with things that make you smile; Curly from the “Three Stooges” is my fun buddy and every time I look at him I can't help but smile.  I keep him in from of me for fun inspiration.

A few tips that work for me (at least for now!) are:
  • Shoe rack & clips - I use them to organize embellishments I use the most. 
  • Door Shoe Organizer - I keep extra glue sticks, sponges, brushes, other small things
  • 6 Drawer from IKEA - It is great to keep all my wooden stamps, markers, & Zentangle® supplies.
  • Recollections Carrousel - (got 65% off during Christmas season) It is great for all my most used tools, pens, and drawing supplies.
  • Filing Cabinet - I keep all my card stock, stencils, as well as my household records all nicely organized and next to me for easy access.
  • Drafting desk table - I got this at Amazon and love it.  I can do my Zentangle® or take me with me if I want to go outside since it has handles for portability.  It raises from the table to give me a better angle.














Anyhow, is small and not too fancy but it is my space!  Hope you have a space or your own.  Keep creating and always find joy in you art.

WonderingMindField

No comments:

Post a Comment