Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Large Stencil Organizer!

I love stencils and they have come such a long way from the paper cut out I used to buy from Dover Publications.  Now there are so many artists out there creating such interesting and complex stencils and thank goodness technology is advanced enough that now they have laser cut which allows for more detailed designs.  Since I started with mixed media last year I’ve been slowly purchasing stencils and have been storing them in some plastic containers.

The problem is that some of the more thinner and detailed stencils keep getting snag with others and a couple got torn up. So I started thinking how I could take store some of the more expensive and delicate stencils more appropriately in order to protect my small investment.  I’m on a craft supply budget and can’t always replace my supplies unless I pinch and save every penny.  After all I have a mortgage and a child in college!

My Idea?  I got a $4 Scrapbook at Big Lots that is 12” by 12” which included 10 page protectors with an expandable spine.  Well as you can see in the picture it really did the trick.  In this scrapbook the protectors had blank kraft pages inside of them so I was able to store two stencils per page.  It really works for me for now, who knows as my collection keeps growing!  This idea works best for the large stencils, smaller stencils such as 6”x6” I still store on a folder but I’m still looking for another bargain for a smaller scrapbook.

Hope I have inspired you and always look for your creative joy!

WonderingMindFiled

No comments:

Post a Comment